Hidden problems can have big consequences. Call (847) 268-3553 to schedule a sewer camera inspection in Elgin, IL.
When you constantly encounter toilet and drain backups despite trying all available solutions, you need a sewer line camera to determine where the problem lies. If the blockage sits deep in the sewer pipe, plungers and drain cleaners won’t touch it. As Elgin’s plumbing experts, our team at Advantage Plumbing & Sewer Co. has the skills and technology necessary to identify line problems and execute effective solutions.
Why Sewer Camera Inspections Matter
As plumbing systems age, they develop issues that run deeper than the drains. These problems can become costly and cause more damage without professional plumbing services. You could end up with a sewage emergency that threatens the health of your family and your neighborhood. You may also have a damaged lawn or building structure as the problem grows. A camera inspection eliminates these outcomes and keeps you informed about the state of your plumbing.
Common Issues That Require a Sewer Camera Inspection in Elgin, IL
We often locate sewage problems deep underground and may discover a serious issue that requires immediate professional action. Sewer cameras can uncover the following problems:
- Damaged lines caused by age, ground shifts, and temperature fluctuations. Pipes naturally expand, contract, and slowly move with the earth surrounding them. This can lead to fractures and other issues.
- Large clogs that consist of dirt, sludge, oil, and mineral deposits. Each time you flush or rinse something down the drain, the detritus may collect further down the line. Most tap water contains minerals that harden and stick to the pipes.
- Tree roots from mature trees surrounding your home. A plant’s roots naturally grow toward water sources. When a tree’s roots breach a line, it can damage and block the line.
When you constantly deal with plumbing issues, you can only do so much before realizing you can’t identify the real cause. Some cleaning products and methods may work temporarily, but you’ll eventually encounter the same problem later. A sewer camera inspection in Elgin, IL provides answers once and for all.
Signs You Need a Sewer Camera Inspection
When should you contact us for a sewer scope inspection? If the following circumstances apply to you, you might benefit from our professional inspection services:
- Your plumbing system is around 50 years old. Old plumbing can sustain invisible damage that wreaks havoc on your home. We can determine whether you need new sewer lines and tackle other issues associated with aging house plumbing.
- You’ve observed unexplained water damage on your ceilings, walls, and floors. Water stains or dubious structural integrity can indicate line problems. You might also notice mold in your home.
- You constantly battle drainage issues. Your toilet routinely backs up. You fight to keep your drains clear. Even with consistent drainage, the water may drain slowly.
- You may also detect bad odors coming from the toilet. These smells indicate a concerning sewage buildup.
- Lush flora flourishes in areas where they previously didn’t. Thriving plant life can indicate constant water access.
- Certain areas of your property feel squishy and wet at all times. Leaky lines can cause swampy spots to develop in strange areas.
- You just purchased a home. Even recently built homes can come with unpleasant surprises. Spend your time settling in with peace of mind.
Once we identify the problem, we’ll help you navigate the next steps.
Our Sewer Camera Inspection Service in Elgin, IL
What should you expect when our plumbing technicians perform an inspection on your property? First, we’ll keep an open line of communication with you throughout the entire process. Our technicians will arrive at your location on time to begin the service.
Next, we’ll use a high-resolution scope camera. This camera is small enough to navigate narrow pipes. The flexible scope can turn corners and move easily throughout your plumbing system.
We’ll observe the camera’s findings via a paired screen. Our technicians can see the surroundings in real time. Once we identify the problem’s source, we’ll inform you about the issue and help you choose the best course of action.
Inspection costs vary depending on how much time we need to complete the service. You can request a quote for more specific pricing.
Let Our Plumbing Technicians at Advantage Plumbing & Sewer Co. Scope Out Unseen Issues
Constant sewage issues require professional solutions from a reputable plumbing company. If you suspect a sewer camera inspection in Elgin, IL could help resolve your problems, contact us at (847) 268-3553 to schedule an appointment.